Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is It Really Their Fault?

Last week I was walking in predominantly African American neighborhood why, don't ask. I saw two young males smoking cigarettes looking up at a plane in the air; I heard one of them say "I could fly one of them things if I had a chance". That made me think what would happen if they were given the chance to learn how to fly a plane or whatever else they wanted to learn. Would they still commit mischief like most African Americans their age in Chicago, or would they be good citizen and not stand around and smoke cigarettes all day. Could they become doctors or become successful enough to make change, I think so. Many people say that African Americans and Caucasians are separate but equal but thats not true Caucasian get much better opportunities than African Americans,this deprives African American from being all that they can be. So the next time you see a African American standing around, committing mischief, or anything else that is not constructive just think, is it really their fault?

No comments: